Come on spring! Soft and creamy cheesecake, with strawberry jam is calling your name! Layered with a graham cracker crust infused with a subtle hint of moonshine and ginger these individual strawberry jam desserts are ready for a party!
Individual cheesecakes baked with strawberry moonshine jam swirls; what more could you ask for from a strawberry dessert? Joyce Pinson, Friends Drift Inn
Cheesecake Strawberry Jam Swirls Recipe At-A-Glance
Yield 12 Individual Cheesecake with strawberry swirls
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Ingredients Graham Crackers – Butter – Ground Ginger – Cream Cheese – Eggs – Sour Cream – Sugar – Vanilla – Salt – Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam – Optional fresh strawberries for garnish
Equipment Can be done by hand, but a mixer makes prep go smoother. Mixing bowls – spoons – measuring utensils- paper lined regular sized muffin tin.
What is it about Cheesecake and Strawberry Jam?
Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam
Strawberries paired with a tang of sour cream and the smooth texture of cream cheese are a party dessert dream! Couple the luxurious smoothness of dairy with a little crunch from a graham cracker crust and you have the makings of a great party dessert.
Add the kick of a Strawberry Moonshine Jam and you have a little heaven on earth.
This simple individual cheesecake recipe makes strawberry jam desserts with wow power.
What is so Special About Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam?
All jams are different. Each recipe we share with you is formulated specifically to use our jam.
Handcrafted in the heart of Appalachia, our Strawberry Moonshine Jam contains no high fructose corn syrup, no added food colorings, and no preservatives.
You should taste the fruit first. And who doesn’t love strawberries?
There is only a small amount of moonshine included in our jam; we use it like a baker would use vanilla. A good moonshine has a crisp, clean and fresh taste with a little corn background as it begins on the front of your palate.
Strawberry Moonshine Jam is a “wait for it” flavor.
First you get the fragrance and flavors of fresh summer berries. The texture is smooth with bits of fruit. Like a fine wine, swirl the jam around a few seconds in your mouth.
Wait for it! There is a subtle ginger finish that has a little bite. We call that the love nibble. Giggles
Living in Eastern Kentucky, we know a few things about moonshine.
The legal moonshine in our recipes is produced over the mountain from the Friends Drift Inn Farm. Run as a family business, the small distillery has big dreams…. just like us.
How Many Desserts Should You Make?
Any cheesecake loses texture if frozen. Make a day ahead and refrigerate.
If you are offering a large array of spring desserts, figure at least one cheesecake per guest. If the choices are limited, plan on two individual cheesecakes.
My experience is everyone goes back for more; especially if the champagne is flowing.
For a sit-down dinner, one individual cheesecake paired with a fresh strawberry garnish is a delightful and satisfying light finish to a multi-course spread.
If you want after-party treats, best save some back for that romantic rendezvous. Winks and giggles.
Make sure you have plenty of Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam.
Recipe Hacks for Cheesecake Strawberry Jam Swirls
- Crumbling graham crackers in the food processor is a breeze. But I loathe dragging out more equipment.
- ALTERNATIVE Throw graham cracker sheets in a gallon plastic bag and seal removing air. Take a rolling pin and crunch until the consistency of corn meal.
- Keep strawberry jam desserts chilled until serving.
- Chilling cheesecakes in muffin tins creates a more uniform dessert.
- If you do not like the paper cups, peel off at the last-minute revealing layers of cheesecake and crust. But do it quickly! Your hands will warm the strawberry cheesecakes.
Backyard Weddings and Parties
Cheesecake Strawberry Jam Swirls make a lovely passed dessert. But we know some of you are set on a dessert bar. That is no wonder!
Dessert bars are a wildly popular choice for couples that want an alternative to the traditional wedding-cake stand—and we understand why! Aside from the open bar, the dessert table will most likely end up being the most frequented spot of the night. Plus, it’s open to guests of all ages. So, what better way to treat your all of guests than with a stylish table full of post-dinner treats.
If you opt for serving on a dessert bar, we recommend incorporating a display that allows you to keep the strawberry desserts cooled.
Cheesecakes contain eggs. Cooling cheesecakes is imperative for food safety.
Valentines Day and Kentucky Derby Day Dessert
We love cheesecake with strawberries at Valentine’s Day served with champagne! Shaped like hearts and rosy red, strawberries are a natural when love is in the air.
Make a day ahead so you have time to enjoy your party and your guests.
With paper liners, cheesecakes are easy to travel with if you are lucky enough to be invited to a Kentucky Derby Party. If the liners bother you, peel off before plating.
Keep your strawberry dessert cool during transport.
Don’t forget your derby hat! I hope you wear a red one.
Spring and Summer Cocktail Strawberry Dessert Pairings
The creamy texture of the cheesecakes paired with strawberry jam lends itself to the cocktail party dessert category.
Strawberry desserts are especially tasty with amaretto mixed drinks, or orange citrus sips. Try it at your next spring party! Your guests will think you are a genius.
Does your party need a little kick? Pair sweet creamy cheesecakes with a pepper pow of Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas.
For small intimate engagement parties, individual cheesecake strawberry swirls are a great choice as a passed dessert. So romantic! Pair with champagne or a cocktail featuring elderberry syrup.
For a more elegant presentation, just before serving peel paper liners away, revealing creamy yellow layer of cheesecake with red jam swirls, contrasted against a mellow golden graham cracker crust.
If kids are involved liners help keep crumbles to a minimum. Just saying.
Get creative with the garnish! A simple whole strawberry on the side is lovely, especially for spring parties. For fresh strawberry cheesecake garnishes, I like a dollop of sour cream tang as well. It is fun to drag the strawberry through sour cream plus the tanginess boosts the flavor experience.
If you are going posh, especially for Valentine’s Day, a fresh strawberry dipped in either white or dark chocolate makes an inviting garnish.
Want more dimension? Perch individual cheesecakes on top of Strawberry Sugar Cookies. Add a slice of fresh strawberry and a quick swirl of strawberry jam for a memorable presentation!
Choose Your AssortmentPrint
Individually portioned, cheesecake strawberry jam swirls are impressive and delicious but easy to make! For best results, bake a day ahead and chill overnight.
- 1 cup of Graham Cracker fine crumbs (about 5 sheets)
- ¼ cup of organic Unsalted Butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 16 ounces (2 8-ounce blocks) Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 large organic Eggs
- ½ cup Sour Cream (plus more for optional garnish-see serving notes)
- ¼ cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup (12 teaspoons) of Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam, warmed with 1 teaspoon water
- Optional fresh Strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325. Place 12 paper liners in muffin tin.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl, add ginger and drizzle melted butter over mixture. Stir until all crumbs are moistened.
- Use a teaspoon to tamp graham cracker crumbs into paper liners.
- In large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream, sugar, vanilla. Mixture should be light and airy.
- Spoon cheesecake filling into liners.
- Warm jam with water in microwave about 30 seconds. Give a quick stir then swirl 1 teaspoon of Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam on top of each cheesecake.
- I usually pick up muffin tin a few inches off the prep surface and gently drop once on table to level cheesecake batter and help the graham cracker crust marry up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Rotate tin halfway through. Tops will be slightly shiny, with a little jiggle in the middle.
- Let cool in muffin tin on counter.
- Cover and refrigerate minimum of two hours. We usually make-ahead and chill overnight.
- Serve with a fresh strawberry garnish, or just as they are.
Let muffin tins cool on the counter. Once reasonably cooled, place covered muffin tin in refrigerator. Cheesecakes will hold their shape better if they chill in the tin. This method makes an easy flow for strawberry dessert serving prep.
Bake individual cheesecake recipe a day ahead. It is easy. When it is party time, your strawberry desserts are ready to go and so are you.
I do not recommend freezing cheesecake because the creamy texture loses luxurious mouth feel.
This recipe was developed with Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam. We cannot predict how other brands will perform.
Keywords: how to make strawberry cheesecake swirl, how to make strawberry cheesecake easy, how to make strawberry cheesecake bites, how to make strawberry cheesecake from scratch, Kentucky Derby, spring,