Hi Y’all I’m Joyce!
Find Us On Facebook
April in Appalachia…We be Smoking!
Regional Newspaper Articles by Joyce Pinson
Recent Articles in the Appalachian News Express
- Sorghum Happens! Matt Jamie and Danny Ray Townsend
- Hillbillies and Banana Pudding
- Pear Breeding in Appalachia
- Haints, Banshess and Cowpeas Cathy Rehmeyer
- White Cushaws Sharing the Love
- When life gives you Autumn Olives
- Garlic Who Are You Calling Stinky?
- Cane Ride Cattle Company Wagyu Beef
- Honeysuckle Sweet Tea Recipe
- Buttered Biscuit Bliss with Cruze Dairy Farm
- Abingdon Farmers Market and
Chef Nathan T. Breeding
- Frog Gigging and How to Cook Frog Legs Recipe Tips with Chef Jeremy Ashby
- Coal Country Beeworks Tammy Horn and Perry Amos
- Guerilla Cuisine Event Louisville Chef Anthony Lamas
- Top Chef Edward Lee of 610 Magnolia Louisville
- Meet Chef Matt Corbin of Pikeville's Blue Raven
Friends Drift Inn Archives
Food Blog and Garden Communities
About Friends Drift Inn Cyber Retreat
Wagner’s Pharmacy a Churchill Downs Tradition
Just outside Churchill Down’s gates stands Wagner’s Pharmacy a trackside hangout for the Louisville KY horsey set.
Mornay Sauce Recipe for The Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich
The Kentucky Hot Brown…the secret is in the sauce! A Kentucky Derby Party favorite!
The Redneck Rosarian Runs for the Roses
Rose expert Chris VanCleave wagers on The Thoroughbred Roses’ success! GUEST POST
Chocolate Chip and Pecan Bourbon Bites
Blanton’s Bourbon adds mild hint of almond toffee to these Kentucky Derby Party bites.
Mint Simple Syrup Infusion for Mint Julep Recipe
Make this today….Mint Infusion essential ingredient for the perfect Kentucky Derby Mints Julep
Kentucky Burgoo Recipe “It’s Bur-Good!”
It’s a “slow food” for sure, but a hearty helping of Kentucky hospitality!
Bibb Lettuce preserve a Kentucky Derby Tradition by growing your own salad!
Friends Drift Inn Favorites
Louisville’s Silver Dollar Saloon Where California meets Kentucky on a Table of Hillbilly Dreams
Go big, go local, go Appalachia! Chef Nathan T. Breeding of House on Main “gets it!” Roadtrip to Abingdon Virginia
The elusive Chef Edward Lee of Louisville’s 610 Magnolia…Top Chef competitor, James Beard nominee,
Recently on Friends Drift Inn
Celebrating Kentucky’s Bourbon with the Media Bourbon Classic 2013 Louisville KY
Got bourbon? Louisville’s answer to the food and wine circuit The Bourbon Classic kicks off this weekend!
The Blue Raven’s Sous Chef Cole Schmidt on Friends Drift Inn with Joyce Pinson Episode 11