Crowned with ginger streusel, these big bite strawberry muffins are easy to make. Great flavor and texture combinations. The coffee shop is going to want this recipe!
Ginger Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup of All-Purpose Flour, whisked and spooned into measuring cup
- 1/4 cup of light Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
- ¼ cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto liquor (substitute almond extract)
- 6 tablespoons organic Unsalted Butter (cut into cubes for ease of mixing)
Strawberry Jam Muffins
- 1 cup Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour, whisked and spooned into measuring cup
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) organic Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup Buttermilk, shaken
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto liquor (could substitute vanilla, hazelnut or almond extract)
- 1 ¼ cups of Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam (1 jar plus 4 teaspoons)
For Ginger Streusel Topping
Add flour, sugars, ginger and amaretto liquor to a medium mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter (or be like momma and use two butter knives) to cut in butter. Mixture will be crumbly. Set aside. (See recipe notes for topping ideas)
- Preheat oven to 425. Place paper liners in standard size muffin baking tin.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add buttermilk, amaretto liquor, and Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine jam.
- Gradually fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, working just enough to moisten.
- Fill lined tins almost full. Spoon ginger streusel topping on muffin batter – don’t be stingy.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, rotating pan once midway through. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean; with maybe a few crumbs from the streusel.
- Cool in muffin tin for about 5 minutes. If the crowns run together, you might use a butter knife to separate muffins before removing. Use two hands (you don’t want to lose that ginger topping!) to carefully move each muffin to a cooling rack.
- For informal weekend gatherings, heap muffins in a big basket. Serve with Friends Drift Inn jams, fresh strawberries and fruit, and yogurt.
- Hazelnut coffee or citrus flavored tea pair well with these muffins.
- Take a basket of muffins and a jar of jam to your friends and family. It is a much-appreciated gift.
- For special occasions, serve with mascarpone cheese and fresh berries.
Strawberry Jam Muffins keep several days on the countertop if wrapped loosely with foil or placed under a cake dome.
These can be frozen, but flavor and texture are best if served warm.
If you want to get fancy, sprinkle a few almond slivers or hazelnut pieces on top of the streusel before baking. Finely chopped (and LIGHTLY sprinkled) candied ginger would be awesome!
Momma says 1/3 cup of uncooked quick oats and one more tablespoon of butter adds a little more texture to the streusel. Momma knows things.
Gentle reminder, this recipe is formulated to use with Friends Drift Inn Strawberry Moonshine Jam. We cannot predict how other jams will perform.
Keywords: Strawberry Jam Muffins, strawberry muffins recipe, strawberry muffins,