Simple Deviled Eggs are must-have for any gathering or celebration! Kicked up with red pepper jelly, these appetizers are a favorite for cocktail parties and picnics. Make more than you think you need; they go fast!
- 6 large Eggs, organic preferred
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 teaspoon of Vinegar (we prefer the zing of cider vinegar but white is fine)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Light sprinkle of White Pepper
- 3 teaspoons of Friends Drift Inn Red Pepper Jelly (1/4 teaspoon per half)
- Place eggs in heavy bottomed saucepan, one layer thick. Add water to cover, 3-4 inches.
- Bring to a boil. Boil 11 minutes.
- Prepare bowl of ice and water.
- Remove eggs from heat after 11 minutes.
- Drain eggs and plunge into a bowl of ice and water. A slotted spoon works well for this.
- Cool eggs in water about 5 minutes.
- To peel eggs, roll on countertop with your palm to create cracks in surface.
- Under cold running water, start at the large end and gently peel.
- Slice eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks to a separate bowl.
- Put whites in refrigerator until ready to fill.
- Smooth eggs yolks with a fork. Add all ingredients except pepper jelly. Mix until smooth.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture. You can pipe with a plastic bag with the tip cut off, use a fancy piping tube, or just use a spoon. Try to be neat.
- Once filled, cover with film and chill. Deviled eggs can be made a day ahead of time.
- Top with Friends Drift Inn Red Pepper Jelly just prior to serving.
Deviled eggs are a party classic. They pair especially well with light flavored wines or cocktails. Deviled eggs are a fun accompaniment to cheese and charcuterie trays. We especially love them as “hand food” served with sausage balls.
1. For picnics or outdoor gatherings, keep eggs on ice. They should not be at room temperature for more than two hours. If it is above 90 degrees outside, one hour is the limit.
2. Most deviled egg trays hold 6 eggs (12 halves.) We suggest you make at least a dozen eggs and be prepared to replenish. Simple deviled eggs disappear quickly.
3. To bump us the flavor, add bacon crumbles to the tops before adding pepper jelly.
4. As with all our recipes, simple deviled eggs was formulated with the flavor profile of Friends Drift Inn Red Pepper jelly in mind. We cannot predict how other products will perform.
Keywords: deviled eggs, picnic, cocktail appetizers, how to make deviled eggs, deviled eggs for easter, easter, summer, party food, what to garnish deviled eggs with, thanksgiving, can deviled eggs be made a day ahead,will deviled eggs keep overnight