Especially well suited for game day tailgates and Super Bowl parties, this cheeseball recipe has it all! Creamy, crunchy, salty and sweet – this is a fan favorite that comes together quickly!
- 1 8 oz block Cream Cheese
- 3 large Jalapeno Peppers
- 6 Strips of Bacon – oven fried
- ½ cup of Friends Drift Inn Pepper Jelly
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking tray with foil, and crisp bacon 10-15 minutes until crispy.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. Save the bacon drippings accumulated on tray.
- Finely mince 2 jalapenos. In hot skillet, add 2 tablespoons of bacon dripping and wilt down peppers.
- With a mixer (or a spatula) mix together cream cheese, minced jalapenos and Friends Drift Inn Pepper Jelly in large mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Place mixture on final serving piece, shape into a football, cover with plastic film and chill until just before serving.
- Just prior to game time, strategically place postage stamp sized chunks of bacon over the cheeseball – leaving room to add jalapeno pepper strips for football laces.
- Garnish with parsley. (Optional) We like a sea-salt pita cracker with this cheeseball recipe.
Can be made one day ahead.
Generally, chilled food should not be held more than 2 hours at room temperature. But this pepper jelly and cream cheese appetizer will disappear quickly-so no worries!
As with all our recipes, this method was developed with Friends Drift Inn products. We cannot predict how other recipes will perform.
Keywords: pepper jelly and cream cheese, how to make a football cheeseball, jalapeno and bacon cheeseball, super bowl cheeseball, tailgating cheeseball, game day appetizer