Tasty bites of rustic oatmeal raisin cookies are a favorite for after-school or as a treat with hot tea. Apple butter and golden raisins soaked in bourbon make this oatmeal cookie memorable.
- 3/4 cup of Golden Raisins
- 1/4 cup of Kentucky Bourbon + 1/4 cup Water (could substitute Orange Juice or Apple Juice)
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup of Friends Drift Inn Apple Butter
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted softened to room temperature
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- To plump raisins, add bourbon and water. Microwave for 30 seconds then cover until ready to add to batter. Better yet, soak raisins overnight in the refrigerator.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, oats, and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, cream together brown sugar, apple butter, dairy butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Cover bowl with film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Recipe will fill 3 baking sheets – a dozen on each tray. Line trays with parchment paper.
- Remove batter from refrigerator, uncover, and use a cookie scoop or teaspoon to drop batter onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges begin to just brown.
- Remove from oven, let cook and serve.
Chilling dough helps reduce spreading. These cookies are best in “mounds.”
Instead of bourbon, you could plump raisins with apple juice or orange juice.
Baked cookies can be frozen up to 3 months. Uncooked shaped cookie dough can be frozen for 2 months.
Like all our recipes, this cookie recipe was formulated with Friends Drift Inn’s product, Spiced Apple Butter. We can not predict how other products will perform.
Keywords: oatmeal raisin cookies, healthy oatmeal raisin cookies, how to make oatmeal raisin cookies, apple butter oatmeal raisin cookies