Jalapeno Deviled Eggs are one of those go-to party appetizers you will create again and again. Comfortingly familiar, with a pop of mild jalapeno spice, this is a favorite deviled egg recipe for all our gatherings at Friends Drift Inn.
- 6 large Eggs, organic preferred
- ¼ cup of Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Friends Drift Inn Pepper Jelly
- 1 teaspoon Brown Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper (I prefer using white pepper but that’s just me)
- 2 large Jalapeno Peppers
- Place eggs in heavy bottomed saucepan, one layer deep. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 11 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl of ice and water. Using a skimmer, remove eggs from pan and carefully plunge into cold water. Let eggs cool.
- Tap eggs gently in several places along ends and sides to loosen shells. Peel shells off under cold running water.
- Have a mixing bowl and deviled egg platter in place.
- Slice eggs lengthwise. Gently squeeze to loosen egg yolks – a spoon helps. Place in mixing bowl.
- Place egg whites on serving platter cover and refrigerate.
- Mash eggs with a fork until the consistency of coarse corn meal.
- Add all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- To fill, use a spoon or fill a piping tube with no tip to “plop” yolk filling into whites.
- Slice jalapeno peppers into rings, removing seeds. (If you are sensitive, use gloves when working with jalapenos and don’t touch your eyes or nose! Ouch!)
- Place rings on filled egg halves.
- Cover and refrigerate.
I like to serve chilled deviled eggs the same day. But they will last for 2 days in the fridge if properly cooled.
Depending on the size of your crowd, and how many other appetizers are offered, you may want to double this recipe. Most deviled egg serving trays hold 6 eggs (12 halves.) I would rather have too many eggs than not enough!
Remember, for parties, jalapeno deviled eggs should not sit out for more than 2 hours.
For picnics, especially on hot summer days, place the serving platter on ice!
It is easier to transport deviled eggs in a cooler, with the whites in one container and the yolk filling in another and assemble on site. This keeps them cooler, safer, and neater.
Like all our recipes, Jalapeno Deviled Eggs recipe was created with our Friends Drift Inn products. We cannot speak to how other products will perform.
Keywords: how to make jalapeno deviled eggs recipe, jalapeno deviled eggs, how to make deviled eggs, deviled eggs for easter, tailgating appetizers, deviled eggs, cocktail food, picnic food