Cardamom, blueberries and lemon combined with a buttermilk batter makes this blueberry muffins recipe stand-out from the crowd. Contemporary flavors for modern day folks on the go.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour, whisked + 1 tablespoon for blueberries
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Cardamom
- 6 tablespoons of organic Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- ½ cup of Blueberries, fresh preferred but frozen will work
- 1 ½ cups of All-Purpose Flour, whisked and spooned into measuring cup
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup of Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 2 large Eggs, organic preferred
- 1 ¼ cups Buttermilk, shaken
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 12 teaspoons Friend Drift Inn Blueberry Cardamom Jam (1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- For streusel topping, whisk one cup of flour and cardamom. Cut in butter, using two butter knives or a pastry cutter, until the mixture is loose, coarse, and crumbly. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- In small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of flour and roll the blueberries in it. Set aside.
- For muffin base, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add sugar and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and lemon juice together.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients in. Mix just to moisten. Do not overwork.
- Walk away for about two minutes; let the leavening agents do their thing.
- For even sized muffins, use a ¼ cup sized cookie scoop to place batter in liners.
- Spoon one teaspoon of Friends Drift Inn Blueberry Cardamom jam into the center.
- Top with the crumble mix. Be generous! There is plenty to go around.
- Jab blueberries in the topping.
- I usually pick up the tin about three inches off the surface, and gently drop it back on the table. This helps level the batter and makes the layers meld.
- Bake 5 minutes at 400, then turn the temperature down to 375 and bake another 12 to 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean. The muffins will be just barely browned.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
Pair with light flavors. Honeydew melons, pecan nuts, white tea, and lighter bodied coffees work well.
Blueberry muffins works well with citrus. Garnish with orange or tangerine slices. Very refreshing with lemon ice water.
These muffins are moist. Store covered in refrigerator, so the streusel remains dry and crumbly.
We prefer fresh blueberries, but frozen will work. No need to thaw frozen berries, just rinse and coat with flour.
A gentle reminder, this recipe was formulated specifically for Friends Drift Inn Blueberry Cardamom Jam. We cannot predict how other products will perform.
Keywords: blueberry muffins recipe, Blueberry muffins with buttermilk, cardamom blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins streusel, blueberry muffins, blueberry jam