A light and refreshing holiday cocktail, Bourbon and apple cider with a splash of lime and ginger ale will brighten your day. Make batches for tailgating parties, family game night, the holiday cookie exchange, and your Kentucky Derby Party. A crowd-pleasing favorite!
- 1/2 cup of Apple Cider (we used sweet cider – not hard)
- 4 ounces of Kentucky Bourbon – choose one with an oak and vanilla finish
- 3 tablespoons Friends Drift Inn Apple Butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 12 ounces of chilled Ginger Ale
- Red and Green Apple Cubes for garnish
- Lime Wedges for Garnish
- For Kentucky Derby add a sprig of Mint
1. Prep apple cubes and lime wedges. Squeeze lime juice.
2. Fill two rocks glasses with ice.
3. Place apple cider, bourbon, lime juice, and Friends Drift Inn Spiced Apple Butter in a large cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
4. Divide the apple cider cocktail between the two glasses. Top with cold ginger ale.
5. Add apple garnishes and lime wedges. (Add a mint sprig for Kentucky Derby)
For tailgating parties or holiday entertaining, we make big batches of this bourbon cocktail. Mix everything but the ginger ale and garnishes and keep chilled until ready to party!
This is much lighter than most bourbon cocktails. It pairs easily with charcuterie and cheese plates, and is especially good with turkey or ham.
Like all our recipes, Bourbon and Apple Cider Cocktail is formulated with Friends Drift Inn Spiced Apple Butter in mind. We cannot predict how other products will perform.
Keywords: how to make a bourbon apple cider cocktail.bourbon apple cider cocktail, bourbon apple cider, holiday cocktail, bourbon cocktail, Kentucky Derby Party, tailgating, winter, fall, spring,