With a sugar crusted top and a surprise blueberry jam filling, these blueberry muffins are a muffin classic! Inspired by Jordan Marsh Department Stores.
- ½ cup (1 stick) organic Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of Pure Cane Sugar + ¼ cup for topping
- 2 large Eggs, organic preferred
- 1 teaspoon Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, whisked and spooned into measuring cup
- ¾ cup of Buttermilk, shaken
- 2 cups of fresh Blueberries (could substitute thawed frozen blueberries)
- ¼ cup Friends Drift Inn Blueberry Cardamom Jam warmed with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line muffin tin with papers.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and bourbon together until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together baking powder, soda, salt and flour in large bowl.
- Add blueberries and coat with flour.
- Alternately add buttermilk and dry ingredients to the butter mixture, stirring only enough to moisten.
- Let the mixture set for a few minutes. Make yourself a cup of tea. Shows blueberry muffins in tin, half full with blueberry jam spoooned in.
- Place 2 tablespoons of batter in each muffin tin.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Friends Drift Inn Bourbon Cardamom Blueberry Jam to center of each muffin.
- Cover each muffin with 2 tablespoons of additional batter.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake about 30 minutes, rotating tin halfway through the cycle. Muffins will be brown on the top, and a toothpick inserted should come out clean…. if you do not hit the jam pool. Giggles
- Let muffins cool in tin about 5 minutes. Use a butter knife to loosen any stuck muffins.
- Cool on a baking rack. Once cooled, store covered in the refrigerator.
Pile them high and watch them fly! Blueberry muffins are easy to stack and make a grand presentation.
Serve them alongside fresh honeydew and peaches with a little lemon zest.
Oatmeal with a little blueberry jam stirred in, and a hot cup of ginger tea served with a muffin on the side is a great way to start your weekend.
Buy buttermilk. Keep it in your refrigerator and bake with it often. Buttermilk helps quick breads brown and gives a great lift when used with baking powder and baking soda.
You could always substitute vanilla for bourbon, but with vanilla prices what they are go on and use the bourbon! You can sip a little too!
Gentle reminder, this recipe was formulated to compliment Friends Drift Inn Blueberry Cardamom Jam’s flavor profiles. We cannot predict how other jams will perform.
Keywords: Blueberry muffins with buttermilk, Blueberry Muffins, blueberry muffins recipe, blueberry muffins homemade,