Drive away the hangries or a hangover with this huge flavorful burger stacked with bacon, lettuce, cheese, jalapeno peppers and dollops of Friends Drift Inn Blackberry Bourbon Jam.
- 4 slices of crisp hickory smoked Bacon, oven fried
- 2 whole Jalapenos, cut in rounds (could substitute pickled peppers)
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean Ground Beef, thawed
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 4 Bakery style Hamburger Buns
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted
- 4 large Eggs, organic preferred
- 4 slices of Cheddar Cheese (if using a block – about .75 ounces per burger)
- 4 teaspoons of Friends Drift Inn Blackberry Bourbon Jam
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1. Crisp Bacon in oven, draining off excess drippings.
2. Cut jalapenos. You could leave raw, but we like them wilted in skillet just a smidge.
3. Lightly toast hamburger buns in melted butter.
4. Add dash of salt and pepper to hamburger, and pat out 4 patties.
5. We use a preheated cast iron skillet to cook burgers; about 4 minutes on each side adding cheese the last 2 minutes of process. Food Safety experts recommend cooking ground beef to an internal temperature of 170.
6. Place lettuce on bottom of buns. Add bacon. Place burgers on buns.
7. Fry eggs, be gentle allowing eggs to slide into skillet and carefully using a flipper to remove them when done. We like eggs still runny, but with a little “set” to the yolk. Whatever you like works.
8. Drizzle Blackberry Jam over burger stack.
9. Add Egg to top. Smear top of bun with mayo.
10. Grab a fork and lots of napkins – you are going to need ’em!
I sent Charlie to the high tunnel to get tomatoes, then forgot to put them on the burger! Sigh.
This is a huge burger that spans the breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and midnight nosh categories.
You could scale back to slider size. You may need a hamburger pick to hold them together.
This recipe was developed with Friends Drift Inn Blackberry Bourbon Jam. We cannot predict how other products will perform.
Keywords: burger with egg, how to stack a burger with egg, how to cook burger with egg, how to make a burger with egg, burger with fried egg, hamburger with egg