Perfect for breakfast or a late night snack, apple butter pancakes are fluffy and moist with rich apple and spice flavors. Simple buttermilk pancake recipe; make it with your kids.
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour, whisked and spooned into measuring cup
- 2 teaspoons Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup of Buttermilk (room temperature), shaken
- 1 large Egg (organic preferred), beaten
- ¾ cup of Friends Drift Inn Apple Butter
- Butter or oil for frying
- Confectionary Sugar Optional
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Measure in buttermilk, egg, and apple butter.
- Stir gently just to moisten. Mixture will be lumpy. Walk away for a couple minutes.
- While you are waiting for the leavening to make pancake magic, place a cast iron skillet on a medium high lit burner.
- Check skillet heat by flicking a few drops of water on surface. If they dance and sizzle, you are good to go.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter (or oil) to skillet.
- Pour batter into skillet in 1/3 cup increments. I make one pancake at a time.
- Watch for edges to begin browning, and the bubbles to start popping.
- Flip pancake.
- Cook another minute or two, then remove to plate.
Serve warm with a scant spoonful of apple butter and a quick sprinkle of confectionary sugar.
These pancakes are awesome for dinner served with ham and stewed apples.
You may need to add more butter or oil to the skillet as you make more pancakes.
This recipe was formulated with Friends Drift Inn Spiced Apple Butter’s flavor profiles in mind. Other apple butters will not taste the same.
Keywords: apple butter pancakes, pancakes recipe, buttermilk pancakes, apple butter uses, apple butter