Baked Brie Berries with Jam is elegant for all your holiday entertaining – but so simple! Contrasting flavors of Brie cheese, blackberry jam, and fresh blackberries makes this a cocktail party classic. It is even great for romantic picnics!
- 1 Puff Pastry sheet, thawed (follow package directions)
- 1 8 oz wheel of Brie Cheese (rind is edible, leave on)
- 1/4 cup of Friends Drift Inn Blackberry Bourbon Jam
- 1 pint of fresh Blackberries, 3 berries for baking remainder for garnish
- 1 organic Egg, beaten
- We use rosemary as an extra garnish during winter holidays and mint in the spring.
- Freeze Brie for 30 minutes, while puff pastry is thawing.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roll thawed pastry on floured surface, cut into a 9-10 inch circle, reserving scraps for decoration.
- Spread blackberry bourbon jam on top of brie wheel.
- Center puff pastry over wheel and gently tuck under pleating as necessary. (For visual appeal make your pleats go in the same direction all the way around)
- Cut out décor and place on top.
- Beat egg and brush on. (I use my hands!)
- I greased a pie pan to bake. If you are transporting, use parchment paper on bottom. If you are fortunate enough to have a brie baker follow manufacturers directions.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 10 minutes before plating and serving.
You can do steps 1-6 ahead of time, wrap with film and refrigerate for up to 2 days before applying egg wash and baking.
Freezing uncooked Brie for 30 minutes gives better results and appearance.
Because apparently there are Brie police, cut one sliver of a “pie” section out to guide guests into proper cutting technique.
Serve with fresh berries as garnish. Pairs well with apples, peaches, champagne, pinot noir, almonds, hazelnuts and dark chocolate.
Like all our recipes, Baked Brie Berries with Jam is formulated with the flavor profile of Friends Drift Inn Blackberry Bourbon Jam in mind. We cannot predict how other products will perform.
Keywords: baked brie berries, baked brie with jam, baked brie en croute, holiday appetizer, cheese course, cocktail party food, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Mothers Day, Easter, Kentucky Derby