Apple Fritter Bites for appetizers or desserts are fun eat-in-your-hand nibble. Easy recipe for fall tailgating, cocktail parties, and breakfast bites.
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour, whisked
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup of Buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted Butter, organic preferred
- 1 cup of Friends Drift Inn Apple Butter
- 2 teaspoons Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, organic preferred
- Optional – Confectionary Sugar for Dusting
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and place a cooling rack there.
- Whisk flour in bag, spoon into cups to measure.
- Use a large bowl to, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In medium bowl, thoroughly mix buttermilk, butter, apple butter, sugar and eggs.
- Gently fold buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Just moisten.
- While batter rests, fill home fryer with about 3 inches of cooking oil – a neutral flavored oil works best. Bring up to 350. Be careful!
- A small cookie (ice cream) scoop with 1 tablespoon capacity works best to drop measured batter into hot oil. In a pinch, a heaping tablespoon will work.
- Drop about 3 scoops at a time in fryer. More and the temperature will fluctuate too much.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes per batch, turning fritters once to insure even browning. Fritters will be golden brown and will puff up.
- Remove to baking rack with a slotted spoon to drain. (We don’t coat with confectionary sugar often, but if you plan to do so while hot)
- Repeat until used all batter. Best served warm, but for parties we serve at room temperature.
If making big batches with intent of serving warm, after allowing oil to drain, hold in a 250-degree oven on a foil covered baking tray or ovenproof serving dish.
Batter should be thick. You may need to add extra flour depending on the brand. Add teaspoon at a time.
Like all our recipes, Apple Butter Fritters was formulated with Friends Drift Inn Apple Butter. We cannot predict how other products will perform.
Keywords: apple fritter, apple butter uses, appetizer, dessert