Hi Y’all I’m Joyce!
Find Us On Facebook
April in Appalachia…We be Smoking!
Regional Newspaper Articles by Joyce Pinson
Recent Articles in the Appalachian News Express
- Sorghum Happens! Matt Jamie and Danny Ray Townsend
- Hillbillies and Banana Pudding
- Pear Breeding in Appalachia
- Haints, Banshess and Cowpeas Cathy Rehmeyer
- White Cushaws Sharing the Love
- When life gives you Autumn Olives
- Garlic Who Are You Calling Stinky?
- Cane Ride Cattle Company Wagyu Beef
- Honeysuckle Sweet Tea Recipe
- Buttered Biscuit Bliss with Cruze Dairy Farm
- Abingdon Farmers Market and
Chef Nathan T. Breeding
- Frog Gigging and How to Cook Frog Legs Recipe Tips with Chef Jeremy Ashby
- Coal Country Beeworks Tammy Horn and Perry Amos
- Guerilla Cuisine Event Louisville Chef Anthony Lamas
- Top Chef Edward Lee of 610 Magnolia Louisville
- Meet Chef Matt Corbin of Pikeville's Blue Raven
Friends Drift Inn Archives
Food Blog and Garden Communities
About Friends Drift Inn Cyber Retreat
Winter Squash Archive
Posted on December 30, 2012 | No CommentsFriends Drift Inn television celebrating the flavors of fall, four season gardening, and gluten free cooking with motherofahubbard.com
Posted on June 18, 2012 | No CommentsWorking in the heirloom garden, vegetable reports and the FDI show
Posted on November 4, 2011 | 6 CommentsLovely and flavorful for breakfast or supper....baked winter squash with raspberries! #DriscollsMoments
Posted on October 30, 2011 | 5 CommentsBaked Winter Squash...a nod to mountain traditions of fall
Posted on October 23, 2011 | 16 CommentsSignature Winter Squash of the original Friends Drift Inn, learn a little about "The Ancient One"
Posted on August 5, 2011 | 2 Comments"INN" the dirt....Celebrating Cushaws with a song and dance
Posted on February 8, 2011 | 8 CommentsFood Preservation on my time. Winter Squash will keep until I have time to freeze them.
Posted on January 13, 2011 | 10 CommentsFor long season growing, my top choices are Green Striped Cushaws, Musquee de Provence Pumpkins and for kicks and giggles Candy Roasters.
Posted on January 1, 2011 | 5 CommentsI guess you could say Green-Striped Cushaws launched this website. Once a commonplace fall menu staple, I was shocked how difficult finding a seed source was!