Hi Y’all I’m Joyce!
Find Us On Facebook
April in Appalachia…We be Smoking!
Regional Newspaper Articles by Joyce Pinson
Recent Articles in the Appalachian News Express
- Sorghum Happens! Matt Jamie and Danny Ray Townsend
- Hillbillies and Banana Pudding
- Pear Breeding in Appalachia
- Haints, Banshess and Cowpeas Cathy Rehmeyer
- White Cushaws Sharing the Love
- When life gives you Autumn Olives
- Garlic Who Are You Calling Stinky?
- Cane Ride Cattle Company Wagyu Beef
- Honeysuckle Sweet Tea Recipe
- Buttered Biscuit Bliss with Cruze Dairy Farm
- Abingdon Farmers Market and
Chef Nathan T. Breeding
- Frog Gigging and How to Cook Frog Legs Recipe Tips with Chef Jeremy Ashby
- Coal Country Beeworks Tammy Horn and Perry Amos
- Guerilla Cuisine Event Louisville Chef Anthony Lamas
- Top Chef Edward Lee of 610 Magnolia Louisville
- Meet Chef Matt Corbin of Pikeville's Blue Raven
Friends Drift Inn Archives
Food Blog and Garden Communities
About Friends Drift Inn Cyber Retreat
Sustainable Gardening Archive
Posted on April 25, 2012 | 2 CommentsVicky Tewes has an encore career...she's a farmer and proud of it!
Posted on March 30, 2012 | 4 CommentsWill Appalachian Seed Savers Save us All? Heirloom gardening treasures
Posted on July 18, 2011 | 11 CommentsHeirloom Beans Gardening in Appalachia
Posted on June 2, 2011 | No CommentsQuick rundown of how plants looked at Planting #2011...heirloom tomato gardening, plus peppers and eggplants
Posted on January 20, 2011 | No CommentsA great jumping off point for new gardeners and gardening experts
Posted on January 13, 2011 | 10 CommentsFor long season growing, my top choices are Green Striped Cushaws, Musquee de Provence Pumpkins and for kicks and giggles Candy Roasters.
Posted on January 1, 2011 | 2 CommentsI reclaim my right to tasty produce; the same vegetables that nurtured my ancestors and will nurture our future generations.