Hi Y’all I’m Joyce!
Find Us On Facebook
April in Appalachia…We be Smoking!
Regional Newspaper Articles by Joyce Pinson
Recent Articles in the Appalachian News Express
- Sorghum Happens! Matt Jamie and Danny Ray Townsend
- Hillbillies and Banana Pudding
- Pear Breeding in Appalachia
- Haints, Banshess and Cowpeas Cathy Rehmeyer
- White Cushaws Sharing the Love
- When life gives you Autumn Olives
- Garlic Who Are You Calling Stinky?
- Cane Ride Cattle Company Wagyu Beef
- Honeysuckle Sweet Tea Recipe
- Buttered Biscuit Bliss with Cruze Dairy Farm
- Abingdon Farmers Market and
Chef Nathan T. Breeding
- Frog Gigging and How to Cook Frog Legs Recipe Tips with Chef Jeremy Ashby
- Coal Country Beeworks Tammy Horn and Perry Amos
- Guerilla Cuisine Event Louisville Chef Anthony Lamas
- Top Chef Edward Lee of 610 Magnolia Louisville
- Meet Chef Matt Corbin of Pikeville's Blue Raven
Friends Drift Inn Archives
Food Blog and Garden Communities
About Friends Drift Inn Cyber Retreat
Make Ahead Dessert Archive
Posted on March 6, 2013 | No CommentsSweet Potato Ice Cream Recipe with suggestions for a sundae and a float! Friends Drift Inn television with guest Chef Cole Schmidt of The Blue Raven in Pikeville KY
Posted on August 28, 2012 | 1 CommentJoin me on the big red barn front porch for some moist yummy pumpkin bars? Cayenne, coffee and bourbon...how can that be wrong?
Posted on February 2, 2012 | 5 CommentsWith five alarm chili and hot spicy chicken wings on the front burner, have a little comfort food with a up-scale twist on the back burner!
Posted on November 16, 2011 | 3 CommentsServes twelve....rich and sinful with depth of flavors including chocolate, sorghum and bourbon Inspired by Cake Flour Bakery Louisvlle KY
Posted on November 6, 2011 | 3 CommentsCreamy and rich, Panna Cotta is the Italian term for custard. I dressed it up with bourbon, sorghum, balsamic and raspberries!
Posted on October 24, 2011 | 5 CommentsI read the recipe wrong...but in that error a new creation was born...bring on the pumpkin!
Posted on October 23, 2011 | 13 CommentsPumpkin Cheesecake bites drizzled in sorghum...sweet make ahead dessert recipe
Posted on October 22, 2011 | 6 CommentsAdditions of sorghum, cayenne pepper and bourbon make this a teasing, pleasing dessert for holiday entertaining