Friends Drift Inn Recipes
Cheesecake Crusts will never be the same
Some say this recipe is good as is and suggest rolling out cutting with cookie cutters for such things as pumpkin ice cream sandwiches. It will work, but not spectacular….in my humble opinion.
But if you want an extra punch for my Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe Mini-Bites or Pumpkin Chess Cake Recipe Mini Bites these are the ticket. They are a very hard consistency, but once baked I just crumble and throw in the food processor a little at a time until they are the consistency of traditional graham cracker crumbs.
If you want a dramatic rim treatment for Smashing Pumpkin Cocktail Recipe with Bourbon well….I’m just saying.
Pumpkin Crackers Recipe
for Sweet Dessert Crusts
Inspired by Cupcake Project Blog
- ¼ cup unsalted butter at room temperature, organic preferred
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (fresh please…here’s how)
- 2 Eggs, organic preferred
- ¾ cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ cup sorghum (I used local but Bourbon Barrel Foods makes a fine product)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ginger (freshly grated if you have it…but the powder will work)
- 1 Tablespoon Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons Allspice
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups Bob’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (Original recipe called for Graham Flour…I don’t have that available…but Bob’s is made with sorghum….nice flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Blend butter, pumpkin, eggs and sugar until creamy in a large bowl. Add sorghum, mix.
3. In medium bowl whisk all dry ingredient and add to butter mixture stirring just until all is moistened. You will be rolling this dough out…so if it seems too moist add just a little more flour.
4. Dust surface with flour for rolling out. Dust you rolling pin too. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
5. If you are feeling creative, use a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut shapes. If you are making this only for crumbs, just score the dough into rectangles and place individual pieces on baking trays.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes. The “crackers” will start to be hard…but will harden more as they cool.
Makes about 6 cups of crumbs. The crumbs store well for several weeks.
Disclosure at the time of this writing I am not compensated for the links above.
© Friends Drift Inn Enterprises, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED