Friends Drift Inn Recipes
Grilled Asian Style Chicken Appetizers or Main Course?
Sometimes we get in a mindset. Take honey for instance. It’s sweet. It drips with a wholesomeness of epic proportion. But sometimes we forget, honey is a wonderful counterpoint to savory dishes.
The original Friends Drift Inn sold award winning honey produced in Grandpa’s orchards. Bees were and are essential to crop production, the honey a welcome bonus.
I challenge you to seek out local beekeepers and support them by buying their honey. Be creative with your own recipes, incorporating honey in new and exciting ways. BEE inventive! (Oh you know I had to throw a pun in here somewhere!)
Honey Sesame Chicken is a moist and succulent recipe. The secret is grilling slowly with the additon of honey. Toasted sesame seeds bridge the savory chicken and the sweet honey with just a hint of nuttiness.
Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe Super Bowl Party
Appetizers, Main Course, Chicken Recipe, Grilling
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of Sesame Seeds
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce (We prefer Bourbon Barrel Foods Brand which is available online)
- ½ cup of honey, we used Tupelo honey a light honey known for it’s sweetness
- 3 lbs of Chicken about 8 drumsticks (if local chicken is not available buy chicken without added hormones)
1. Toast sesame seeds in a dry hot coated skillet until brown, tossing occasionally. Remove from heat.
2. In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken. Bring to a simmer.
3. In the meantime, grill the chicken on medium heat until juices run clear about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Brush chicken with honey mixture and turn several times over a five minute time frame, utilizing all sauce and being careful not to overcook chicken.
5. Chicken will start to turn a light brown but the skin and meat should remain very moist.
6. Roll in toasted sesame seeds, and serve warm.
This recipe is fine as an appetizer, but works very well as an economical and tasty main course served with brown rice and sautéed Asian vegetables.
Disclaimer We are not paid for links above at the time of this writing
©Friends Drift Inn Enterprises, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED