Friends Drift Inn Recipes
Indulge Now or Freeze for Later Pumpkin Waffle Recipe
I’m not a gadget girl. I’m afraid of the pressure cooker; it’s still in the box. We have a fancy food processor that I cannot operate, so I was gifted with a cheaper model that has the on button clearly marked.
But then there is the Warring Waffle Maker. I love that shiny gizmo! Fill, flip and beep. Even a non-techie like me can make a pretty darn good waffle.
Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors, and Pumpkin Honey Waffles give a nice balance of flavors appropriate for any time of year.
If you are planning a garden this year, you should grow some. One Musquee de Provence pumpkin will make about 20 cups of puree. We grew two hills. We harvested twelve pumpkins.
You do the math.
Pumpkin Honey Waffles Recipe
Breakfast Recipe, Brunch Recipe, Waffle Recipe, Pumpkin Recipe
Adopted from Epicurious.com
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup honey, varietal orange blossom honey give a nice lift
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 large eggs, organic preferred
- 1 cup milk, organic preferred
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (Hope you will grow your own!)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, organic preferred
1. In large bowl, whisk through all dry ingredients.
2. In medium bowl, whisk eggs and add remaining wet ingredients.
3. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry mixture, stirring only enough to moisten.
4. Let batter sit for about fifteen minutes.
5. If you will be holding all waffles for a single sitting, preheat oven to 250. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, in anticipation of holding waffles as completed.
6. Follow directions on your waffle iron to preheat and then “bake” waffles.
Makes 6 large Belgian Waffles
I like these served with a drizzle of honey, and a generous tablespoon of pumpkin butter sprinkled with pecans.
These freeze well for making breakfast special, even when you are on the go.
© Friends Drift Inn Enterprises, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Friends Drift Inn recieves a small compensation from purchases made through Amazon links