Friends Drift Inn Farm – Recipes
Quiche Recipe Brilliant for Brunch
Quiche is a favorite breakfast and brunch entree at Friends Drift Inn Kitchen. More elegant than plain scrambled eggs, a slice of warm quiche is just the ticket for a Sunday brunch with friends.
Simple yet satisfying, quiche offers a high-protein pick-me-up so many of us need on a winter’s morning! After a hectic month of holiday recipes, quiche delivers a slice of slow paced down home comfort food with a whisper of uptown sophistication for your weekend breakfast. Serve it with cheese and honey fruit plate.
Go ahead, whip one up….it’s easy!
Easy Crustless Quiche
Recipe Gluten Free
Breakfast Recipe, Brunch Recipe, Egg Recipe, Gluten Free Recipe
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 package 10 0z chopped frozen chard or spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 gggs (organic if you have them)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated offers best flavor)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat Oven to 425°. Grease a 9 inch glass pie plate with butter.
2. Microwave greens about 30 seconds to defrost. Discard excess liquid and set aside.
3. Gently spread bacon, greens onions, and cheeses in greased pie plate.
4. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Gradually whisk in cream, mustard, and nutmeg. You may choose to add a pinch of salt, and a fresh grind of pepper at this point.
5. Pour into pie plate.
6 Bake 15 minutes at 425° turn quiche, reduce heat to 300° for another 30 minutes.
Insert a knife about 2 inches from side of the quiche.
If done, the knife will come out clean. The quiche should be slightly puffy with an almost “dry” appearance on top.
Let cool for about 15 minutes, then slice and serve. Serves 6.
Total Cook Time 45 Minutes Plus Cooling for 15 minutes
Notes and Observations:
Charlie likes to grate a few slivers of Parmasan cheese over the slices, just before serving. Not only is this a gluten-free recipe, we like it because without the crust there is a reduction in calories.
Want a little something more springy? Try egg and mint frittata recipe.
© Friends Drift Inn Enterprises, LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Friends Drift Inn receives a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links.