Friends Drift Inn Recipes
Bourbon Heritage Month Series
Last Call for Summer at Woodford Reserve
I look at my fall and winter wardrobe and sigh….brown and black…blah.
But just because summer is fading, do not expect me to give up sweet tea. OH NO! I like my tea iced; I like my tea hot. It goes without saying that a little bourbon either way is a good thing.
Last weekend, Rhoda and I had the pleasure to attend visit Woodford Reserve Bourbon Distillery for their Guest Chef Series featuring that hot shot chef who’s name should be familiar to my readers, Chef Jeremy Ashby It was a beautiful day in the Bluegrass, with the sun smiling down on glasses of what Woodford Reserve bills as the “Ultimate Southern Sweet Tea.”
We began the event with a Bluegrass Sunrise Cocktail Recipe Bourbontini featuring Woodford Reserve, had a shot of Woodford Reserve Bourbon with a lesson in tasting descriptors, and finished with this tea as the main course was presented. It was a good day! (Yes MOM we ate well too…see at Woodford Reserve Bourbon Luncheon)
No, I’m not ready to let go of summer…..and you can bet I’ll be on the front porch sipping Bourbon Southern Sweet Tea until the snow flies.
Bourbon Southern Sweet Tea Recipe
Adopted from Woodford Reserve Suggestions
Bourbon Cocktail, Cocktail Recipe, Sweet Tea Recipe
- ½ cup unsweetened ice tea (I like Luzianne Tea for this Recipe because of it’s clean finish Individual Bags just became available in our area!)
- 2 ¼ ounces of Ginger Syrup (Directions below)
- 1 ½ ounces of Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 1 ½ ounces Peach Schnapps
- Juice of 1 small lime wedge plus a lime wedge for garnish
- Optional…peach wedge as second garnish
1. To make ginger syrup slice fresh ginger root into thin slices, boil in 1 cup of water and 1 cup of pure cane sugar for about 5 minutes. Cool. Can be stored in refrigerator. Wonderful over ice cream, and I like it drizzled over Classic Pound Cake and freshly sliced peaches and or apples.
2. Put all measured liquids as listed above in a cocktail shaker to mix.
3. In a rocks glass, add ice. Pour liquid over and garnish with lime wedge and a peach if you got ‘em!
Makes 1 Serving plus a little for “topping off”
At the time of this writing I am not compensated for links above.
©Friends Drift Inn Enterprises LLC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED